><bruce.lab...@myfairpoint.net> wrote:
>> OpenCV appears to require a good C++ background,
>> which I don't have now. ... Any advice?
>
> Tell your employer you need some C++ training in order to do your
> job effectively.
>
> Or if you're afraid they'll terminate you and hire someone else,
> seek learning on your own time and dime.

Let me stress that the only familiarity I have with OpenCV is what
I gained just now when I spent approx three minutes glancing at this:

   http://www.cs.iit.edu/~agam/cs512/lect-notes/opencv-intro/index.html

...but based on that exhaustive analysis and on your postings on this
channel I'd have to say that you should charge boldly forward because
OpenCV does not seem like a very challenging or esoteric example of C++.
It looks to me like the hardest part of OpenCV would be the matrix math
concepts (independent of programming language) and if you're comfortable
with that then OpenCV would mostly feel like plain old C to you.