On Thu, Feb 24, 2022, 11:55 Ken D'Ambrosio <k...@jots.org> wrote:

I use the btrfs-send (which, of course, is modeled after zfs-send)...
except, I kinda don't. And this isn't a dig at btrfs (or ZFS), but just
paranoia...

On 2022-02-24 13:24, Bill Ricker wrote:
SAN dutifully copied the block level writes to alternate site, so that panicked also. Oopsie. They had to restore Prod last backup onto UAT system (and recreate all logged transactions... a day of market!) to return to service. It was a bad week.

I much prefer semantic (vs block/bit) replication.

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you." Damnnnn. OK! I feel better about my belt-and-suspenders measures, now. ;-)

-Ken