Thank you all. You have given me enough to get started and based on
equipment suggestions a rough idea of cost. I will get back to you with more
specific questions after I have pulled the wire and start to configure the
system.

One last question though, what would be a good base system to run a domain
name server, dhcp/bootp server and a router? I anticipate the load to be a
maximum of 4 machines connected to the internet at any given point while a
fifth machine might be hitting a file server and accessing an Oracle
database over the network. There could be also be a print job running at the
same time.

Thank you in advance for you help and thoughts.

Michael Griffin