On Sun, 2002-04-21 at 15:40, Ken Ambrose wrote:

> Insofar as DDR vs. SDR, well.. while I "believe" [faith w/o proof] in DDR
> more, what's even more important than what kind of RAM is having -enough-
> RAM.  Try to make sure that you're hitting swap as little as possible;
> while one kind of RAM may be somewhat faster than another, -all- of them
> are orders of magnitude faster than going to swap.

Well, I will be going with AMD. The board that I plan on getting is a
Shuttle AK35GT, maybe the AK35GTR (same board, but the latter has RAID).
The board had 4 slots for DDR RAM. I will most likely put in 1GB (either
2 512MB or 4 256MB). The problem is that I don't know what *KIND* of DDR
I should use. There seem to be about 12 different ratings (PCxxxx). They
are all about the same price, which would lead me to believe that they
are about the same. However, I know that this can't be the case, since
that would be too easy :-)

Thanks,
Kenny