Yah; works like a charm.  Honestly, though, I use cat (eg. cat /dev/source /dev/dest),
-- works great, too, and you don't need to know your source's size, either
-- it just ends when there's no more data.  (Also the way I create/write
floppy images.)  As for your geometry, all will probably be fine, BUT:
sometimes the NT bootloader gets pissed.  (Now -there's- a shock.)  It
requires some finagling; see Google if it happens to you.  Once done, you
could either create a new partition, or, with Partition Magic, expand the
current one.

$.02,

-Ken