Hello Jean,

Am Sat, 5 Aug 2017 21:14:04 +0300
schrieb Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support>:

> > To be honest, I found the whole procedure of  becoming an endorsed
> > distro non-transparent.
> >

> I have read these pages here:
>
> https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html
>
> and
>
> https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-system-distribution-guidelines.html
>
> and there is email on how to contact FSF, and FSF
> is responsive, so I see that whole procedure is
> very transparent.

Yes, it is clear how to contact: "please write to <webmast...@gnu.org>"

However, it is not very clear what happens next. How the distro is
reviewed, what steps are involved.

The page states: "When you do, we'll explain more about our evaluation
process to you, and get started on it quickly."

Well, they didn't when I contacted them some years ago.
And why explain it only privately, why not public for
anyone to see? That is what I call non-transparent.

Greetings,

Henry