On 7/14/13 4:06 PM, in article krvat1$p0k$2...@dont-email.me, "Red Blade"
<penac...@yomomma.hot.invalid> wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 10:23:01 -0700, Snit wrote:
>

>> What method would you suggest for companies and individuals to protect
>> their property?
>>
>> For example, I produce video series I sell. How should I protect them in
>> your view?
>
> Figure it out.

So you would be happy for me to use some DRM form to protect my work - after
all, you have just said I should be the one to figure it out. Not you. Not
anyone else. Me. So if I want to protect my copyrighted property with DRM
that should be fine with you.

Or shall you start to back pedal now?

> Every other industry which does not depend on government regulation and trade
> agreements, fights to survive in a high-tech world, but "artists" are
> "special".

Huh? How are artists "special"? What is special is the type of property
which is easy to copy and distribute in ways which are unfair to the owners
of that property. This is a different scenario than, say, a car or house or
even a physical book - so the laws are different. Of course. Now I used the
book as an example - even there you cannot copy it and sell it... assuming
the work is protected.

Even with open source, much of it has limits on how you can use it. It is
not in the public domain.

> Note also that "copyright as property" didn't exist in the United States until
> Ayn Rand under influence from Spooner. In the Constitution, it is defined as a
> "limited" grant, and the Founding Fathers set it for 14 years. Note also that
> copyright falls under the federal constitution, while theft of actual physical
> is not a federal crime, it is a state crime.

So? Really... I do not see the relevance.

The question is about how I should protect my property... and you (in my
mind correctly) acknowledged it should be my choice. And those choices
include many DRM methods which are available to me. My choice.

Choice is good.

--
> As for Stallman, he is a repulsive person by any standard of decency.
... standard of decency or hygiene.
-- Lusotec