Martin wrote:
In a perfect world if everything is reproducible than all the compilations are deterministic. It means that for a given environment your source code will always produce the same binaries. Briefly DDC method is using mix of different environments in order to analyze the binary patterns of the same source code.

The downside of this is that we are right back to a binary monoculture, and an exploit that works on one machine would be trivially guaranteed to work everywhere. We really need some kind of controlled randomization that allows provably equivalent executables to be produced, but such that exploits relying on hardcoded offsets will only work on a limited subset.

-- Jacob