Hi Geert,

> Am 28.03.2018 um 17:24 schrieb Geert Janssens <geert.gnuc...@kobaltwit.be>:
>
> Op woensdag 28 maart 2018 15:46:26 CEST schreef Christoph R:
>
>> It choked on one of my files, which worked fine with 2.6 and was probably
>> created with 2.4 or even earlier.  There was an out-of range date in the
>> price database which I corrected manually. But normal users would have been
>> lost.
> What was the date set to before you corrected it ? And how does it display in
> gnucash 2.6 if you look at that particular price in the Price editor ?

Date was <ts:date>1301-09-13 00:05:08 +0053</ts:date>
and it shows up absolutely correct as 13.9.1301 :-)

>> adding “EXTRA_ARGS=--nofile” to Library/Application\
>> Support/Gnucash/gnucashrc does not have any effect any more.
>
> I never heard of a gnucashrc file. Perhaps that is/was an OS X/Quarz specific
> extension ? The loading code on OS X has been aligned with Windows and Linux
> in this development cycle, so perhaps it got lost in that work.

Yes it was parsed by the MacOS launcher script, which apparently is gone now.

>> Changing account or value of a reconciled
>> split gives me the correct warning as needed. Yeah! But I can change the
>> description of a reconciled split without a warning.
>
> Hmm, a split doesn't have a description, only a memo. Do you mean you get no
> warning when changing the memo ? Or do you mean you can change the
> transaction
> description of a transaction that has reconciled splits ?

I get no warning when changing the memo. I get one when changing the
transaction description.

>> Fonts and icons are different - due to gtk3 - and not
>> necessarily to my liking. I had customised .gtkrc-2.0.gnucash a bit and of
>> course this does not work any more. Unfortunately I did not figure out how
>> to customise gtk3 on MacOS. Any help would be appreciated
>
> I have updated the relevant FAQ entry:
> https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_How_do_I_change_the_register_colors.3F

Wow, this CSS stuff is cryptic. Can you enlighten me how to set font and font
size?

Cheers,
Christoph