On 2018-02-22 14:50, SteveM wrote:
> I am guessing that the problem you have is the hard drive speed of
> your laptop.

"Objection, Your Honor!  Assuming facts not in evidence!"  In fact, I
have an SSD on my Windows 8 laptop, and a regular hard drive on the
Windows 7.  Both had the same issue.

You may have missed my follow-up, with the issue being resolved after I
had reinstalled the software. The first report on each laptop (including
the one with the SSD) took about two minutes, an account summary on a
file with no transactions. Subsequent reports all appeared
instantaneously, and have continued to (so far).

--
Regards,
Stan Brown