Noted. I'll take care of that.

When I first started using Gnucash I think I did that just to make it easier to back up.

On 02/23/2018 11:46 AM, Geert Janssens wrote:
Op vrijdag 23 februari 2018 18:40:27 CET schreef C M Reinehr:

FYI, by clean I meant that I was running only Debian compiled programs
downloaded from the repository, but in all honesty had forgotten that I
had tried to install some of Doug Doughty's custom reports.

In any case, I reinstalled Gnucash, created a new .gnucash directory
into which I copied my existing gnucash data file (gnucash.personal in

Please do not store your gnucash data file .gnucash. That directory is only
meant for internal housekeeping and possibly adding some custom configuration

Instead store your gnucash data file in a more typical place for documents on
your PC, like your Documents directory (or a subdirectory thereof).

This is not a direct answer to your question I'm afraid, but still important
to clean up.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We don't let them have guns. Why would we let
them have ideas?" -- Joseph Stalin

If you are using Nabble or Gmane, please see for more information.