On 08/04/18 02:03, Dave H wrote:
I'd rather you didn't do this at all, I typically just scan down the
subject line of all the emails in my inbox and it's just annoying to try
and ignore the crap on the beginning of the subject line !!!!!!

I save my poor old Mk I eyeballs the strain of scanning my inbox by reading any mailing list that I'm interested in on gmane, e.g. this one is gmane.comp.gnome.apps.gnucash.user. Automatic filtering with no effort at all hence no messing about with subject lines needed.

FWIW I'm using Thunderbird on Ubuntu 17.10.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence