> On Apr 13, 2018, at 2:59 PM, Roderick Averill <rod.averill...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> I downloaded Gnucash-Intel-3.0-1.dmg. I open the package with disc mounter
> with no issue.
>
> When I try to open the application it never opens up and the dialog box
> disappears.
>
> Any guidance would be appreciated.
>
> I’ve been using 2.6.19 for a while with no issues.

Drag it out of the disk image to somewhere else, then double click on that. You
can have both 3.0 and 2.6.19 installed on the same machine as long as they’re
either in different places or you give them different names.

If GnuCash 3.0 is crashing there should be a crash report. Open
/Applications/Utilities/Console and click on “User Reports” in the sidebar. The
reports are named with the application name and a timestamp.

If it’s just quitting without a crash report, examine the trace file[1]. If
there’s nothing informative there try running it from the command line (start
/Applications/Terminal and type “/path/to/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash”,
making the obvious substitution). The reason for the shutdown may be displayed
on the terminal output.

Regards,
John Ralls