In my experience Gnucash 3.0 will not open when installed over v2.6.21.
I surmise that this is because of certain Saved Reports.
I have clean-installed 3.0 on a second Windows 10 PC, and it opens my
database, and is neat and fast.
My problem is how can I migrate reports, particularly the Consolidated
Transaction report released by Cindy Doughty in March 2017 on which I
depend heavily.
Can anyone help with this please?

Regards

Peter