On Tuesday, 28 August 2018 10:58:30 BST Ian Lancaster wrote:
> Colin
>       Thanks for your very quick reply to my problem.
>       I have tried the File>Open but the new app seems to overrule the
> original
> program.

Hi,

what do you mean by this phrase?  Does GC pop up any messages or dialogue
boxes?  if so, what do they say?

Your accounts data file is stored wherever you saved it - you'll need to
navigate to the correct folder then open the file (usually something like
<name-I-chose>.gnucash

ignore the files that will probably also be in that folder with long sequences
of digits in them - these are GC's auto-backups.

If you can't remember where you saved the data file, you may be able to search
your discs for files ending .gnucash, but I don't know macs so can't suggest
how.

HTH,
Maf.