From: davidbrown.r...@photos.bozeat.biz <davidbrown.r...@photos.bozeat.biz>
Sent: 03 October 2018 19:16
To: 'Geert Janssens' <geert.gnuc...@kobaltwit.be>
Subject: RE: [GNC] Reports with previous year in different Accounts

Hello Geert

I have made copies of the gnucash folder at “C:\Users\Office\AppData\Roaming”
and have 3 sets.

NAMED:

GnuCash

GnuCashACC01

GnuCashACC02

I have a batch file for accounts 01 which does this:

REM THIS IS BATCH FILE "GNUCASH-RUN"

REM        This is a batch file to run GNU Cash.  There will be another batch
file to CLOSE The application and rename the folder to previous listing.

REM        The issue is that there are Reports for a set of Accounts.  If one
has accounts for two organisations,

REM        the reports made for one set of accounts appear in the "Saved Report
Configurations" of another set.

REM        These reports are saved in
"C:\Users\Office\AppData\Roaming\GnuCash".  If that head folder "\GnuCash" is
not there,

REM        GNUCash creates another set by default.

REM                        The idea then, as I have two sets of accounts, I
want the reports of one set to be saved in the appropriate place and remain

REM        unique to that account file.

REM        If I have two more sets of folders based upon
"C:\Users\Office\AppData\Roaming\GnuCash" and save one named:

REM        "C:\Users\Office\AppData\Roaming\GnuCashACC01"

REM        and the other named

REM        "C:\Users\Office\AppData\Roaming\GnuCashACC02"

REM        .... There will be three sets of folders.

REM        START THE SEQUENCE for the first set of ACCOUNTS:

REM        ENSURE THERE ARE THE REQUIRED NUMBER AND DEFAULT SET OF FOLDERS AND
FILES

REM        Rename the DEFAULT folder REM
"C:\Users\Office\AppData\Roaming\GnuCash" to ....\GnuCashDEFAULT

ECHO

@ECHO OFF

REN "C:\Users\Office\AppData\Roaming\GnuCash" "GnuCashDEFAULT"

REM        Rename the APPLICATION 01 folder to
"C:\Users\Office\AppData\Roaming\GnuCashACC01" to ....\GnuCash"

REN "C:\Users\Office\AppData\Roaming\GnuCashACC01" "GnuCash"

REM        NOW START the GNUCash Application from "C:\Program Files
(x86)\gnucash\bin\gnucash.exe"

REM        that should load the report files for APP01 WHEN APP runs.

CALL "ACCOUNTS SET RDPS" "C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin" "gnucash.exe"

CLS

This now uses the Acc01 accounts with the reports and then use another batch
file to close the App and put the folder names back as they were.

Seems to work ok now, except GnuCash won’t run on that command.

However it would be better to fun in VB so one can populate a drop down box
with whichever account org one is working on and leave it running on the
desktop.  Have a default button with focus to close the App and rename folders
back to first time.  VB box can have a timer on it so it looks like it is doing
something.

I wonder if developers are considering multiple report save locations for each
new set of accounts?

Kind regards

David B