There was a thread dealing specifically with targeting these tabs within the
last 3 months.

Check the list archives for something that looks relevant, specifically a
thread that I participated in as I posted how to target only the notebook tabs.
Sorry I don’t recall the exact thread, or CSS rule off-hand.