> On 9 Apr 2021, at 14:27, Michael or Penny Novack <stepbystepf...@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
> On 4/9/2021 8:34 AM, D. via gnucash-user wrote:
>> I'll jump in just to say
>
> Computers do not know who owns them.
>
> That means that what you need to do to transfer to another person's computer
> is in no way different from transferring to another computer that you
> yourself own.  So this is NOT a different question than "how do I transfer my
> gnucash to my new computer?" which comes up here frequently.

Not entirely true, because
1. a new computer will have the default set of reports and my stand-in might
(indeed preferably should) be an experience GNC user, with GNC installed and in
use already.
2. I’d prefer to transfer only BookA-specific reports to the temporary keeper
of BookA.gnucash, and so on.

> How do I transfer gnucash temporarily to somebody else's computer? (so they
> can do the work while you are out of commission) and then back again
> afterwards is just  "transfer to a new/different computer" twice in
> succession.

Again, not entirely true, because

BookA’s temporary book-keeper might write his own new reports during his spell
of duty, as might BookB’s and BookC’s, and these would need to be amalgamated
into a single file on my recovery, perhaps all at the same time, or perhaps
separately (eg if BookA’s year-end was coming up, and its bookkeeper was going
to finish off the year before returning control to me).

Michael