Many thanks Adrien.  I will go to bugs.gnucash.org and take a look at how to
submit my experience.

 From:   Adrien Monteleone <adrien.montele...@lusfiber.net>
 To:   <gnucash-u...@lists.gnucash.org>
 Sent:   06/10/2022 7:17 PM
 Subject:   Re: [GNC] Reconciling subaccounts

Thanks for the details.

I'd say this is a bug, as the expected result would be to have the
reconcile status of sub-accounts updated.

You should file that on bugs.gnucash.org

It *might* be designed that way however. I could be wrong, but I think
the idea for this feature is to be used for 'virtual' sub-accounts that
are used for segregating funds in your own books, but not actual
multiple real-world accounts with an institution.

The parent is the real account in such a case, so that might be why it
is the only one marked reconciled with a date. (it is the only one with
a statement to reconcile against)

In your case, you seem to be trying to reconcile multiple real accounts
through a placeholder parent. But GnuCash doesn't know that. (or
'reconciling' non-institution accounts, such as Expenses.)

Until it is 'fixed' or changed, I guess your option is to continue to
reconcile-finish the sub-accounts to update them, or else just reconcile
them all individually rather than together as sub-accounts.