Which is why it's a good idea to inform the list your operating system and the version of GnuCash you are using.

On 12/20/2022 6:51 PM, Maf. King wrote:
On Tuesday, 20 December 2022 15:48:11 GMT Eric Chapman wrote:
I do have a bunch of files named something like

xxx.gnucash.20221219140714.gnucash

and they are bigger than the xxx.gnucash file. The last one is dated
yesterday. So maybe that is a backup?

But I clicked on it, and it also opens as if it's a completely new file.

If you are on a MAC, you need file -> Open

clicking the data file does not work as you might expect it to.

Maf.