On 12/20/2022 10:22 AM, Eric Chapman wrote:
Hi,

I named my file incorrectly. I guess in GnuCash the data file is called a "book". I'm using .xml.

Should I export and import with a new name (as discussed here in issue tracker: https://github.com/codinguser/gnucash-android/issues/634)?

1) You do NOT have to anything so complicated to rename a file. Just do a file rename.

2) The file extension has to be correct ONLY if you intend to "click on object and expect the computer to select the application associated with objects of that type".

3) After renaming the file, gnucash will not know how to find it until you :"tell" gnucash the nae. In other words, you start gnucash and use file=>open and enter the path/name of the file as renamed (and possibly relocated)

Michael D Novack