On Wed, 4 Jan 2023 at 22:29, R. Victor Klassen <rvklas...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I generally export a transaction report with all (relevant) accounts
> selected.  I generally do a select-all from the open report window and then
> paste it into OpenOffice/LibreOffice Calc.
>
> That I can sort on any key I like - normally date within (sub)account, and
> run subtotals and look for anomalies.
>
> If I find any I fix them and then re-export.
>
> There may well be a pass to and from .csv after it’s pasted into the
> spreadsheet.

But after you fix the anomalies and reexport, do you pass the exported
files to your accountant?

I am quite tempted to give my accountant the files exported by GnuCash, but
offer to put them in a different format if he wants. If nothing else it
will make him aware of the program.

Dave
--
Dr. David Kirkby,
Kirkby Microwave Ltd,

Registered in England & Wales, company number 08914892.
Registered office:
Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Althorne, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 6DT, United
Kingdom