I would expect that the .csv file could be imported in a "modern" spreadsheet
program (Excel, localc, etc.) by the accountant. If there is a header row, the
columns would be labeled. I expect most modern spreadsheet programs can
re-order columns.

No offense, but this sort of thing is what I used to do for my living. It would be absolutely no trouble at all for me to describe a file that:

1) Was a perfectly well defined .csv file

2) Could not simply be opened into a spreadsheet

3) Was representing accounting data (and could read into a program that was expecting in this logical format.

MIchael D Novack

<< hint >> the assumption you are making is that all records of a .csv file have to be the same (can't be type1, type2, etc. with the type indicated by what was in the first field). And one of the sorts of things I used to do would be to "write something" that could rewrite such a file into a logical format that could simply be read into a spreadsheet. Or there could be just one type of record but the fields not be positional (ultimately .csv is positional, but can mimic "keyword" data if every other field is the keyword and the net field the value)

In other words, what we are asking is "are accountants happy with a .csv file that they CAN simply read into a spreadsheet?" Not JUST that it be .csv