Like us PortableApps is using SourceForge only as a download site. The source
code there is 8-10 years old. There's newer source at
https://github.com/PortableApps, some of which seems up to date but mostly not:
The GnuCash package at
https://github.com/PortableApps/AppConfigs/tree/master/G/GnuCash is 3 years old
and for 3.6; that's not what's offered at
https://portableapps.com/apps/office/gnucash_portable. I can't find any source
at all anywhere for https://portableapps.com/download. The launcher at
https://portableapps.com/apps/development/portableapps.com_launcher says 2.2.3
but what's at was last updated 2 years ago and the last tag there is 2.2.

What's in the GnuCash package files is a bit lacking as well: It contains
configuration information for their platform, things like directory locations
and registry keys. There's no build information, no dependency information
(other than environment variables for AQBanking and Gwenhywfar versions), and
no indication of what runtime it uses. If it all works OK for you then no
problem, but the GnuCash community may not be able to help with problems that
aren't clearly inside GnuCash. Be sure to read
https://portableapps.com/support/gnucash_portable#known_issues, though it's at
least partly out of date: The Microsoft update linked in the Network Drives
item 404s.

Regards,
John Ralls