On Mon, 30 Jan 2023 at 16:41, Phyllis Bruce <pobruc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dr. Kirby,
>
> I'm praying your problem is getting away from paper reconciliation.
> Remember how we used to turn the page over and list the items NOT on the
> bank statements?

No, because I have never before attempted reconciling a bank account. My
process in the past has always been one of scanning the bank statement to
see if anything looked suspicious, rather than actually checking if it was
right. 😢😢😢

I spotted when a company set up a scam direct debit for £4, but to be
honest if a transaction to a regular supplier like RS Components was £100
too high, I would most likely not noticed.

Dave
--
Dr. David Kirkby,
Kirkby Microwave Ltd,

Registered in England & Wales, company number 08914892.
Registered office:
Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Althorne, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 6DT, United
Kingdom