Thank you for that. However, a file search for any file of that structure only delivers 1 dated 18.02.2022, which I have mentioned in an earlier post is the date on my 'currently loaded' file which won't save.

There are a number of files with .GCM and number with LCK dated 2021, others with .log, many more (recent ones) with shortcut.

All the rest are datestamped.

You can see why I am confused and very worried that I have lost all the recent data.

Thanks to all for the help and advice. I feel stupid, I thought I was reasonably capable in IT, but......

I even have problems creating  the proper . versions for uploading..... 'save as' doesn't seem to be working.

Barry