On 9/27/23 7:28 PM, Jediator wrote:
Thanks Adrien!  I am using the latest version 5.4 of GC, running on Mac with a Postgresql in the back-end.  Please see answers to your questions below.  Additional questions to this mailing list:

It seems your answers didn't come through for some reason.

  * Has this bug been reported or should I take the initiative to
    report (this is the first major headache I encountered in GC).

What do you think is the bug? Duplicate ID's? I thought that was fixed for 5.4, but now I see it is not in the release notes. Can you still assign two invoices the same ID with 5.4? Then perhaps checkout bugzilla to see if it was reported and/or add a comment if so.

  * I was wondering if an SQL-delete to remove that record from the
    database would solve this problem.  However, the old invoice (now
    it turned into a credit note) is nowhere to find in the invoices
    table.  Where is it recorded?  Any damage it may cause if I just
    delete that record?

You *shouldn't* edit the data file with SQL, or at least do so at your own risk. Maybe ask on IRC about specifics.

And I"m still not sure how you managed to turn an invoice into a credit note. I thought the types were immutable.

-----

I'll wait for your answers to my below questions as they can help guide my follow-up suggestions on finding and editing the errant credit note.