I've found the "Prompt for value" option with SXes to be downright annoying.

I go to Gnucash to check the balances in a savings account, and the SX dialog
pops up asking me for a dollar amount for my electric bill (and won't seem to
let me just click past). Inevitably, I just put in any old number-- defeating
the whole purpose of that feature.

So, I've opted to have balanced transactions that may be off, which I correct
when I reconcile the account. But then, I had to change some figures in one
complex SX, and it didn't supply the balancing split.

David T.​