Hello All,

> Anyways, you want to kick me off this list. FINE. This list isn't a
> very active list anyways. In fact today is probably the most amount of
> posts this list has seen on any given day for months now... and IT'S
> ALL BECAUSE OF a damn bozo like who is trying to help you by making
> some suggestions on how to shape your product to make it easier to
> sell.

<Moral ranting>

I am new to the list!  I am not new to Gnudip!  I am not new to Linux, I am
not new to making money and I am not new to flame wars.  It's tuesday
morning here in holland the sun is shining and armed with a large cup of
Caffein I just read this thread.

This sort of ranting flame war is the problem within the linux
world.  "Opinions are like assholes, Everyone has one" So here is my
asshole.

Whether software is GPL/BTF/GNU or any other license, linux software has
allways been open about it's code.  People that create code (like me) enjoy
the feedback that users give me, and I enjoy giving feedback to people
whose software I use.  I myself have written software in GPL that was later
used to generate revenue for a company.  And I am proud of it.  Not richer
by it.  I have one golden rule.  If you make money off the product and you
can't get your support off a list then You must either:
1. pay for support to someone willing to give it to you
2. Contribute to the project by donating hardware or resources (transmetta
for example)

For the programmers on the other end it's to easy to complain.  It might
seem that you do all the work and they make all the money.  And it is!  You
create and they generate.  It's a bit like life.  You live it and the
goverment charges you for it.  If a programmer does like it then don't
release your code, but precompile the source, setup a Webshop, stop your
day job and make some money ;-)

The world needs both creators and generators if Linux is ever to get
accepted in the wide world.  I work for a worldwide Japanese company that
has, due to me, started to use Linux.  I have used programs that where
GPLed torn them apart and rewritten them.  The Corp. rules state that it is
now their property and I can't even give feedback to programmers.  After
some serious lobbying that too is changing.  I now get to give feedback.
Advocating GPL and Free source is hard and it's only going to get harder if
we don't start to work together.

So a note to all programmers:  You are the gods that create, You are the
allmighty that oversee, now let the children play!

</Moral ranting>
PS:  I work for a medical corporation that is in no way using Gnudip.

--
Geordy Korte

[EMAIL PROTECTED]           | ICQ 14458242
http://www.o2w.nl       | "Bundeling strengths"