Hi,
Am Dienstag, April 10, 2018 10:03 CEST, David Chisnall
<gnus...@theravensnest.org> schrieb:

> On 10 Apr 2018, at 07:13, Sebastian Reitenbach
> <sebas...@l00-bugdead-prods.de> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Am Dienstag, April 10, 2018 00:28 CEST, Riccardo Mottola
> > <riccardo.mott...@libero.it> schrieb:
> >
> >> Hi,

> >> unfortunatley not. I still get a hard crash while running "plmerge". For
> >> me it is OpenBSD only, but I got that Gregory has issues on linux to.
> >>
> >> I was able to compile with debug and get a better starcktrace, although I
> >> think it is corrupted and loops.. or we have some case of /thread
> >> recurision
> >
> > while debugging GNUMail, I also tried gnustep-base from git, and I saw the
> > very same backtrace, when I tried to rebuild gnustep-gui afterward. >
> > Threre I saw it happen in make_services.
>
> This looks like the bug with non-fragile ivars appearing to have different
> offsets in different libraries.  If I give you a clang patch, are you able to
> test it?

OpenBSD -current just updated to clang 6.0.0 a few days ago, is that fix
already part of clang 6.0.0?
I'll have to wait a few days before I upgrade my desktop to test, because there
was quite some fallout
in the ports tree because of that clang update, and I have to wait until the
most of it is fixed and
packages are available. Then I can retry gnustep-base from GIT.
If the fix is not yet in 6.0.0, then send the patch along, and I can give it a
try, but still, I'll need a
few days before upgrading.

cheers,
Sebastian