On Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 5:05 PM 'Jiten Patel' via go-cd <
go-cd@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> GoCD server backups job when triggered via the UI, doesn't seem to
> complete.

Could you clarify what you mean? Do you see errors, if yes, where?

Multiple folders are created within the 'serverBackups' folder.

There is one (timestamped) folder created per backup, by design.

> There seems to be an error being thrown to do with sending a confirmation
> email. Once the error is thrown, the process seems to begin all over again.

Again, where do you see the error, what is the specific error you see.

> We do not have an email configured for our GoCD instance, is this required
> to be able to trigger backups via the UI?
>
> Would a better approach be if we used the API instead?

I don't believe the API would really solve your issue. The backup page and
API use the same underlying code.