Sally,

The possibilities for communication with peers have changed — increased —
substantially in the last decade, so these figures may well have changed.
Results of 14 years ago seem antediluvian in the context of the developments we
have witnessed in STM in the mean time, and would have to be tested against the
current situation before being considered still valid.

Jan Velterop