--- Mario Goveia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>Anyway, thank you for noticing that President Bush
>and I are on the same page, though I thought that was
>pretty obvious by now. This is America, man.  Not
>the UK. Obviously you and Tony Blair are not on the
>sme age.  Thank God.
> 

This is not the America I know. The America I know is
a democracy where people do not exhibit a servile and
submissive attitude towards a master, as is displayed
in the above statement and the rest of that post. In a
democracy people are free to oppose their government,
and hold it accountable for its failed policies and
its incompetence. In a democracy people are not proud
if their elected representative made a boorish
autocratic statement such as "you are either with us
or with the terrorists". 

What you are witnessing from the above poster is
slobbering sycophancy and flaccid meekness towards a
nominally elected temporary authority that is prone to
churlish theocratic and autocratic impulses. You are
also witnessing a rabid aggressive behavior towards
anyone who exercises his/her democratic right to
dissent.

Cheers,

Santosh

Reply via email to