Cornel, look what you get me into. You try to pull my leg and the irascible Mr. Helekar takes the opportunity to jump into the deep end once again.
Just today, in another post, the intrepid and irritable Mr. Helekar complains bitterly that I am abusing him, verbally of course. I patiently responded by giving examples of why he is by far the champion "verbal abuser" on Goanet. Now, in this post he continues to give us further examples of his world-class skill with the abusive adjective and adverb: a) The America I know is a democracy where people do not exhibit a servile and submissive attitude towards a master, as is displayed in the above statement and the rest of that post (The post he refers to was made by little old me. All I had said was that President Bush and I were on the same page regarding Iraq. Ooh! "servile and submissive" thunders Mr. Helekar, always on the hunt for someone to attack.)) b) In a democracy people are not proud if their elected representative made a boorish autocratic statement such as "you are either with us or with the terrorists". (this is levied on both me, who is the "proud" guy, and President Bush, who is the "boorish" guy. I have news for Mr. Helekar. I am still proud and those who are not with us, are still with the terrorists, whose attempt to derail the elections in Iraq will fail this weekend.") c) What you are witnessing from the above poster is slobbering sycophancy and flaccid meekness towards a nominally elected temporary authority that is prone to churlish theocratic and autocratic impulses. You are also witnessing a rabid aggressive behavior towards anyone who exercises his/her democratic right to dissent. (The "lobbering sycophant" would be me, and the "temporary authority that is prone to churlish theocratic and autocratic impulses..." is President Bush, who in Mr. Helekars eyes made the fatal mistake of deciding to liberate Iraq. The rabid, aggressive guy would also be me.) Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, please ereview what I said in my post to my friend Cornel DaCosta, who gets me into trouble every time he asks me a question, and make up your own minds as to who is really "servile and submissive" to his own ideas, is proud of his "boorish" statements, is "churlishly autocratic", and displays "rabid aggressive behavior" towards anyone who dissents with his point of view. Ladies and gentlemen, I believe the evidence points to the accused, one Santosh Helekar, who stands indicted by his own vicious verbiage. I rest my case, as they say in the movies.
