FR. EUSEBIO  FERRAO MOURNED IN KUWAIT.

In a condolence meeting called by Kuwait Konknni Kendr, in Kuwait City on Thursday 23rd of this month at 7.30 p.m., KKK paid homage to the late Goan priest Fr. Eusebio Ferrao who was murdered in Goa at Magazana, on 17th of this month by 2 youths from Uttar Pradesh. The condolence meeting was addressed by the president Elvino Rodrigues, members Rosary Ferns, and Mario Rebello and praised the good work of Fr. Ferrao in the cause of community and society as a whole.

Regarding this murder, one has to learn a lesson and make a decision in future to be very vigilant towards outsiders and to those who are strangers to us. It is very risky even to hire services of servants coming from outside Goa. Outsiders are having their own agenda. The first person in Goa who was hanged at Aguada after Dec. 1961 was a non Goan known as Kumar but his real name is Peter. He was sentenced for gallows because he killed the lady and her children where he was working as domestic servant. He thought he would escape from this crime by escaping from Goa after the multiple murders and will enjoy the booty he got from that house. But he was caught, tried and sent to the gallows. Like this, in smaller scale lot of nasty happenings are taking place in our midst. To avoid this type of happenings, one must be very careful before engaging himself/herself with an unknown, unfamiliar person. Even in Kuwait, many of the families keep in their flats bachelors to recover the rent without knowing the antecedents of these bachelors from different regions in India and from different nationalities. Many times these bachelors have their own agenda and in fulfillment of their agenda they destroy the peace in the families where they are staying. Because of such bachelors many of the wives left their husbands, eloped with the bachelors and brought disgrace on their married life. This happens because unknown and outsiders are dangerous people even though many amongst them are good. But who will vouch for their goodness?

Under my nose very many of our girls without knowing the background of the boys coming from different regions in India and from different nationalities fall in love and go and settle with them in far off places from Goa and India. Gradually these girls realize their faults of choosing a wrong person who is either already married in his own region or country or the background of the boys they marry is very bad. But what one can do at this late stage? These mishaps occur only when one comes close to a strange person whose background, history, language, tradition, religion and other aspects are totally foreign. By keeping Hippies closer to our bodies and souls in Goa we have destroyed our generation. The hippies are outsiders and they have their own agenda of drugs, sex, and vulgarity. Hippies are the revolt against human dignity and since hippies are outsiders in Goa they are least bothered to protect our culture, tradition and way of life. Instead of cautioning from the pulpit our community and society of the perils involved in befriending outsiders our Padri Eusebio Ferrao fell prey to the outsiders and lost his precious body which was helpful to the needy but I hope his precious soul will not be lost to the cheering Lucifer because according to the stories trickling in, smell of some foul play appears but the Church leadership and Investigating authority must be bold enough to bare all facts that led to this murder.

As a lover of Konkani, I am sad that we Konkani lovers lost a very good Konkani promoter, Konkani writer and a very good preacher. I heard his sermons and I loved to listen to his preachings. I read him regularly in Konkani Magazines and V. Ixtt weekly. His last article appeared in Ixtt was a masterpiece. Where we will get such an excellent Konkani writer? In his death Konkani especially Roman script Konkani became little poor.

May the soul of Fr. Ferrao Rest in eternal peace.

A. Veronica Fernandes,
Kuwait.

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar - get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/