Enjoy your holiday in Goa. Stay at THE GARCA BRANCA from November to May
         There is no better, value for money, guest house.
              Confirm your bookings early or miss-out

Hi Selma,

Your assessment of Bardez being the last bastion of European Culture may
need to be reconsidered.

Much before the Bardezkars learnt recipes for european dishes from the
missionaries and adopted them,  legions of Sashtikar cooks and bulters
worked on the BI and P&O ships  with British officers and adopted to western
food habits and adopted their dishes/recipes as their very own, so fish
Mayonaise is no surprise..

It was the Sashtikar bakers from Majorda, Salcete with the sourdough bread
(commonly know as Undo or Pao which is synonymous with Goan, BTW) who
convinced the Bardezkar to switch from his Kundia Bakri to our Pao.

Best Regards,

Dr. Carmo A. D'Cruz
ex Velim, Goa
now Indian Harbour Beach, Florida