Thanks to Marshall and Reena. It hit me on the head. I
knew her as Mendonca. Watched and reported on women's
hockey a lot. Met her at Pune at the Dastur Meher Road
when I would go to see Minoo Golakhari, the coach of
the Maharashtra hockey team.
Eliza makes it six Goans in the Moscow Olympics, where
women's hockey was introduced for the first time. This
beats the record held by Goan men, five of them in the
1948 London Olympics.
As for the Britto sisters, I think they were
Anglo-Indians. Otillia Mascarenhas also of Pune was a
formidable back and could hit like a man. They said
that she was the R.S. Gentle of women's hockey. She
went to Germany I think to pursue studies in sports
medicine, ultimately earning her degree.

Eugene