Hi Zachary,

You have already seen the thread, but for the benefit of others, Zach's
email comes from a thread raised and replied to yesterday on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/jvehent/status/778687333956587522

As I said there, the yaml spec is big, messy, and I wouldn't encourage
having the package in the distribution of Go. Something being well known
and appreciated is not a reason to have it in the standard library.

Also, there's nothing unfair about maintaining go-yaml. This was developed
years ago while porting the first projects of Canonical to Go, and is by
now widely used there, and we remain committed to supporting it. I also
receive regular fixes and contributions from the community, and nobody
seems upset to do so.

The most recent change was to replace the LGPL license by Apache, which was
well received. I was able to negotiate that based on requested from the
community, and were were able to do so due to the CLA that is requested for
contributions (ironic that most people CLA's as evil, yet it was used to
open permissions further).

--

gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net