I'll ditto what Jesper said. Go's stdlib is fairly stable and coherent.
YAML library does not support encoder/decoder that you can use with
arbitrary io.Reader/Writers to marshall/unmarshall stuff.
YAML as a spec if very messy. It allows embedding variables which has been
exploited to hack backend apps (rubygems e.g). Buts thats more related to
the spec.
I dont see any obvious pain in keeping it outside the stdlib, as long as
its maintained (Gustavo doing an aweseom job already)