On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 12:34 PM, Jan Mercl <0xj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 8:54 PM 'Jaana Burcu Dogan' via golang-nuts <
> golang-nuts@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> The go tool already does a lot of things, perhaps too much of them.

Please contribute with specific items. Hiding complexity is also a goal we
want to achieve.

> The observation that newcomers have trouble to use it to their advantage
> is both correct and the evidence of its complexity. Adding new sub-commands
> has the potential to only make that worse, I'm afraid.

This is not a thread where we discuss what specifically will be added or
not. Major improvement ideas will be followed by proposals and will go
through the typical proposal process where you can give concrete feedback
about each item. This topic is about what could have improved by looking at
user's workflow and their actual daily interactions with the tools.