It's intended to be build against Qt 5.7.
And I think Qt 5.6.2 works also (with some errors/warnings during the setup)
I may add backward compatibility in the future, but it's not planned yet.

I use this script to get Qt 5.7 on trusty, if you want to link against
system libs.
https://github.com/therecipe/qt/blob/master/internal/ci/linux.sh

Otherwise I would recommend to try the official pre-build packages, which
will also allow stand alone deployments of you application.