On Mon, 27 May 2019 12:31:22 -0700 (PDT)
Liam <networkimp...@gmail.com> wrote:

Rust was irreparably damaged by delivering custom painted ponies to the
 most vocal and enough stubborn "representatives of the whole community".
I personally wishes Go team will guard the future of Go free from such fate,
as they did for past years.

> a well-developed set of requirements (and revised with community input)
> would have been more valuable than a design proposal which fulfills
> unspecified requirements.

Then ones who abode to guidelines and requirements would **demand**
that someone at Google should immediately implement their proposal
'because it was much work to made this proposal in line with RFC process'.

Unlike many other open sourced projects the Go compiler and tools are self
contained and produce working set from a single script call.

So now my opinion is that the only real way of proposing changes to
Go is with one's work: git clone, git checkout -b quipintedpony, work, test,
**document**, **explain why and what** then post ANNounce.
Let community (and the dev-team) really see merit in your proposal.

P.S. My personal feeling (I am on this list from pre 1.0 IIRC) is that Go team
listen, read, then take the very nut of one or more proposals and either improve
on it or — on the way — they come to the other solution that learns from
proposal's shortcomings. See dev list archive around GC improvements.

TC,

--
Wojciech S. Czarnecki
 << ^oo^ >> OHIR-RIPE