> So you should probably disregard the sentinel-panic idea,
> runtime.Goexit seems strictly superior)

Thank you. I shall look into those.

WRT Goexit. I was hoping a defer in main would run also. Thinking about it. I
shall have to ponder about the relationship of panic and process groups too and
whether a dedicated service like syslog is better. I may as well use syslog in
that case but I had cross platform logging code that I figured, may be more
flexible.