A simple slice OOB causes a panic - this is why many robust servers will catch
& recover so a single OOB due to bug triggered by rare input/state doesn’t
crash the server for 1000’s of users. It might still cause problems due to
resource exhaustion, but properly designed exception/error handling should
prevent/limit that.