First of all full disclosure, I just want to apologize ahead of time to
anybody who finds what I am about to say offensive. I understand politics
are really important to a lot of people (especially right now) so I
understand how just my suggestion of this might offend people who care a
lot about the issue. And for that I sincerely do apologize to anybody here
who might find what I am about to say offensive.

But with that being said, I full heartedly believe that what I am about to
say is extremely important towards trying to maintain the healthy culture
we've all been working to build for the last 10 years.

Leave your politics at home where they belong.

This ad should have never been put up to begin with because frankly this
community is far more important (and far larger) than America's general
incapability to get along with one another.

When I type golang.org into my browser and click send, I view this as my
escape hatch from the absolutely and obnoxiously too loud world were
constantly forced to listen to, because frankly social media decided to
give everybody megaphones and started rewarding people with fame for being
smart enough (and more concerning physically attractive enough) to promote
a message that can be heard through all the noise pollution.

So honestly, while I didn't say anything about it, but honestly when I saw
the ad a few weeks before the election it seriously broke my heart. It
didn't piss me off, it made me literally want to cry, not because I don't
believe we shouldn't do more to help fight poverty (because the reality is
that while we might have a racism problem in America, we definitely have a
poverty problem and the later is far easier to quantify and effectively
address) but because I literally thought we all understood, in our
community the only thing we could care less about than how you'd all band
together to vote politically, is how you'd all band together to vote for
"quality of life" additions to the language that would probably ruin it.

As a registered Republican (but not really a Trump supporter) I am going to
say that Black Lives Matter, but not more than this community being
impartial to the radical notion that we have to be willing to accept even
white supremacists into our ranks, if they like to code in the best
programming language on the planet. Because frankly it is through a united,
loving and deliberately NON-PARTISANLY inclusive community structure that
ultimately allows us to defeat them at their own game.

All I am saying is we need to take down the "conservatives not welcome
here" sign.

And if me saying that offends you, then like I said I am sorry, but imagine
if that tag said "have you been to church lately?" and asked you to donate
to Chris Pratt's church because that is align with the political campaign
strategy that aimed to keep Trump in office, when all you want to do is
think about creative ways to move bits around.