The banner is not related to the (US presidential) election. It is also not
partisan - it is purely issue-oriented and not associated to a particular
party (of any country).

As such, nothing has really changed since the topic last came up
<https://groups.google.com/g/golang-nuts/c/YzN4LkMHs7k/m/W0mrUwTqBgAJ>.