I don't think Java failed on micros, for instance look at JavaCard, a lot
of SIM-cards are running applets based on it. SIM cards can be a dying
technology on itself, but still, I think there was a huge success. Not sure
about other "small places" because I never touched them in my work.

With regards to TinyGo, it's interesting. I also heard that they are
sponsored by Google. Which is good. However Richard Musiol, the creator of
GopherJS and person responsible for WebAssembly in Go compiler
https://docs.google.com/document/d/131vjr4DH6JFnb-blm_uRdaC0_Nv3OUwjEY5qVCxCup4/edit#heading=h.mjo1bish3xni
in one of his comments on gihub clearly said that he is not paid or in any
form financially supported. And he's doing his work in spare time. I just
don't get it.

There is gioui project which aim at implementing crossplatform GUI without
relying on C libs, and they have already showcased very promising results.
Any support from Google? Like some symbolic $100 bucks check per month? You
knew the answer.

I'm pretty sceptical about TinyGo. It implements a subset of language, and
I tried it for my WASM project, but didn't find it suitable at all. If I
only wanted a small part of Go, I'd choose C.