On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 3:22 PM Kevin Chadwick <m8il1i...@gmail.com> wrote:

> That is not what you said or meant and I didn't make an assumption.

No offense, but you did use the words "assuming generics poses a question".
Apologies that I misunderstood, but I was trying to respond to that.

> I was basically asking if TinyGo and Go should communicate more. I assume
> from
> what you have said, that you disagree.

I don't. I have no opinions on that one way or another. As I said, I was
simply trying to state that I don't believe there is any reason for concern
in regards to TinyGo being able to implement generics.

I guess that *does* imply I don't see a reason for the TinyGo developers
and the Go team to have a conversation about this specifically. But FWIW,
a) I believe the TinyGo developers are perfectly capable to contact the Go
team if *they* see the need (and vice-versa) and b) Ayke van Laƫthem, the
main developer of TinyGo
<https://github.com/tinygo-org/tinygo/graphs/contributors>, is explicitly
called out in the acknowledgment on the design doc
<https://go.googlesource.com/proposal/+/refs/heads/master/design/go2draft-type-parameters.md#acknowledgements>,
so it seems fair to conclude that a conversation still happened.