No Go is literally a 1000x bigger achievement than the Mona Lisa, because
somehow we managed to get a bunch of people to come together and somehow
create a miracle of engineering.

In a perfect world, where the market also adopts the most efficient
technological solutions.

Plan 9 should have been the operating system that ruled the Earth and
became essentially what Linux is today. The OS that runs the world.

And if that did actually happen, we'd honestly be a dramatically different
technological landscape. Essentially the "cloud" would have been done 20
years earlier and it wouldn't be owned by big tech corporations. Every
device you use would be connected with every device everybody else uses. A
lot of ugly unix hacks like docker, filecoin, dropbox, hell even facebook,
twitter etc wouldn't actually exist like they do today if we simply just
kept letting Rob Pike and Ken Thompson lead the way to our utopian
computation destiny.

The reason why I say Go is a miracle, is because some how they managed to
take most of the truly revolutionary ideas that made plan 9 superior to
Unix in every way, and basically give unix a huge buff that makes about 75%
of the serious grievances we suffer from being stuck in a "HELP WE CANT GET
THE WORLD TO MOVE ON FROM UNIX"  dilemma.

Rob has a really important paper talking about this where the reason why
plan 9 failed is because it wasn't a "big" enough improvement over Unix,
because its not like Ford introducing the car to replace the horse. It's
literally like trying to convince the world to replace their cheap $1500
reused sedan for a Tesla model 3 when the only thing 99% of people care
about is whether they can get to work everyday (without breaking the bank.)

The point is that plan 9 is literally the tesla roadster, but because
everybody is pretty used to their Ford Model T, they don't change to the
obviously optimal "technological progression" that paves the way to even
greater innovations like who knows jetson esque flying cars.

Go is a miracle because somehow it is an actually "beautiful" Unix hack in
the sense that the mad scientists here have somehow managed to bring all
the tesla perks to the model T you already own, and not only have we saved
the world from climate chain, but it literally was free of cost.

Its not the greatest metaphor, but my point is that if I had to choose
between burning the Mona Lisa or cp -r * all the goroots in the world, and
I only considered the merit of which work of art is the greater testament
to the potential of humanity (and why the aliens should ultimately retain
faith in us and spare us despite all the horrors they would witness if they
decided to touched down now); obviously I would burn the bitch.

And I don't say that lightly because I view Davinci as literally the role
model every engineer should aspire to become a poor imitation of. But still
his magnus opus doesn't even come close to how much more beautiful Go is in
comparison.