* Jan Mercl <0xj...@gmail.com> [210317 06:27]:
> On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 10:57 AM mortdeus <mortd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm probably giving up any hopes to work for Google in the future by
> writing this: +1. I find the banner deeply offensive, divisive and
> excluding for people with dissenting views, regardless of the
> omnipresent inclusiveness narrative. I cannot stand it, so I need
> Adblock to use the site.

When this topic first came up, I tried very hard to convince the Go team
that the banner was wrong, not because of anyone's opinion for or
against the BLM campaign, but because the Go forums are an inappropriate
place for a controversial topic that is completely orthogonal to the
development of the Go language.  The banner blatantly violates the Go
team's own Code of Conduct:

  • Avoid destructive behavior:
    ◦ Discussing potentially offensive or sensitive issues; this all too
      often leads to unnecessary conflict.

The banner is in clear violation of this part of the COC.  With all of
the conflict this banner has caused and is still causing, months later,
how can the Go team justify leaving the banner in place?

...Marvin